Friday, October 9, 2009

I love pasta and pasta loves me

Another yummy, carb-fiilled pasta dish for y'all! Trust me, it's a good one! I'm a sucker for creamy pasta dishes, this one is different than anything I've had, I found it on this blog so once again, I can't take the credit.

Lemon Cream Pasta & Chicken
*this recipe makes a TON of food, I cut the recipe in half and the leftovers fed two more people after Reese and I had our portions.

INGREDIENTS:
3 cups shredded or cubed lemon garlic chicken (I used the pre-marinated chicken that Fred Meyer has, I think mine might have been garlic something or other, and the actual recipe calls for particiular "lemon garlic chicken" recipe. I honestly don't think it matters too much.)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (*When I make this again I will use a little less lemon juice, the pasta was a bit too zesty for my liking, although my parents, who ate the leftovers, didn't think so. I think it's just me being picky again.)
1 (16 ounce) package tube pasta (I used mezze penne. aka. Small penne noodles)
2 cups heavy cream
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest (I forgot to do this step...whoops!)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded

DIRECTIONS
In a large saucepan, season the chicken broth with the garlic powder and pepper.
Bring to a boil and add lemon juice and pasta.
Cook pasta over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes (this is less when you cut the recipe, I just taste tested until pasta was al dente).
In the mean time....Cube chicken into bite size pieces.
Add oil to a skillet and cook chicken.
Once both the pasta and the chicken are thoroughly cooked, stir chicken into pasta
Add the cream, parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
Cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
Stir thoroughly before serving. And voila!!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh that picture looks so good. I'm hungry. Thanks for another great recipe! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete