Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The things she says (and does)

Where do kids come up with stuff?? I swear listening to Reese talk is, like, the funniest thing. Ever.

  • For instance, yesterday morning when I was getting her dressed and ready to go, "Momma, I look soooooo cute in my purple sweats, I likeeeee my purple sweats." "They're actually leggings babe, and yes they're very cute." "Oh, wuss-spees (whoopsies), I mean, I mean, I mean my legggggggings!" (This girl has been stuttering quite a bit lately. Sometimes it's cute, sometimes it's frustrating! It takes her like 10 minutes, I swear, to get a sentence out! That little mouth just can't seem to move fast enough. )
  • Again yesterday morning; I told her she had to take her new moccasins off because it was raining outside, and I would prefer that she wears her rain boots. So, after a small disagreement: "but mommmmyyyyy, my moskaskinsss are soooo cozy mommy!!!" she decides to take them off and put on the boots. I tell her to stand up so she can sink her foot into the bottom of the boot, and she does so but then complains that there is something in the boot. So, I take off the boot and pour the contents into my hand, what do I find?? Three goldfish. Really?? Sigh. Oh the sweet little things about mothering a toddler ;)
  • It must have been a couple weeks ago, but I haven't forgotten, because it pleased my heart so very much. Reese and I were hanging out in the living room and she says to me, "Mommyyyy, Ima go in my room! and Ima turn on my musicccc! and Ima dance!!!!! And Ima sing I love you Jesus!!!!! Okay Mommyyy????" - No explanation needed. That made my day!
  • Reese and Kyler in the back seat of my car on any given day: Reese pretending to spit (more like making loud, blowing lips noises) and Kyler laughing hysterically. Or Reese baby talking to her little brother saying "Kyler, Kyler, Kyler!" so fast it starts turning into "Kyla." And then Kyler laughs hysterically.
  • Back seat of my car, this morning: "Kyloooo, don't throw things and scream and cry. It makes mommy soooooo sad. And Reesie sad and Jesus soooooo sad... okay Ky????"

No comments:

Post a Comment