Monday, November 2, 2009

The Cow and The Banana, (gone Frog!)

Oh, how I love to gush about my insanely adorable kiddos...
It doesn't get much cuter than this, does it? Reese was a cow for Halloween, and she was, by far, the cutest cow EVER. Every door step we made it to, instead of saying "trick or treat," she would moo. Just "Mooooooo." And would then proceed to dig her hand into the big bowl of candy. She cried when I put her in the car to go home, saying "I just want more trick or treats mommaaaa!!!! Just one moreeeee, PLEASEEEEEE"

And Kyler?? Oh Kyler, so sweet and chunky and scrumptious!! The original plan was to have Ky be a Banana. Yes, a peeled banana. Ridiculous. And it was adorable...
But because it was a "sack" at the bottom, I couldn't very well buckle him in a car seat or carry him in the Ergo, so we had a last minute costume change; my sisters', 19 year old, Frog costume. It was very tattered and old looking, but it was still so cute!!! He made a super duper cute Frog. Heck, what isn't little Kyler Cruz cute in??

We went to a couple church activities to start the evening off. First was Hillcrest Chapel's Harvest Festival, (which I highly recommend to all you Bellingham-ers.) It was tons of fun! Lots of crafts and games and candy of course. Then we headed over to Roosevelt Comm. Church and did the candy walk. Another fun time with candy stations set up on the side walk; a safer alternative to door to door trick or treating. And then we went thru a friends' neighborhood and did some hard core moo-ing at doorsteps. I think Reese walked away with 5 lbs of candy. Oh good Lord. That's going to last a long, long time.

Although Kyler slept thru most of this eventful evening, I think he thoroughly enjoyed it =) And I KNOW Reese did!! She just got done telling me that we will go trick or treating tomorrow, "K mommy??!!"

1 comment: